Praveen Kumar Sharma, Ph. D. (Assistant Professor) E Mail:[email protected]
Area of Specialization Molecular and Cellular Biology of Cell signaling and Gene expression; Metabolism in Animal system; Neurobiology Teaching Genetics; Molecular genetics; Animal physiology; Molecular biology; Neuroscience; Neurobiology; Biophysical chemistry Education Ph. D.: (January 2000 to December 2005) Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Unit, Centre for advance study, Department of Zoology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi,221005 India Title of Thesis: Expression and regulation of Estrogen receptors in cerebral cortex of Aging Mouse. Supervisor: Prof. M.K. Thakur NET (JRF-LS) (June 1999) Life Science M.Sc.: (1997-1999) Specialization in Molecular Biology and Metabolism (Animal) from Centre for advance study, Department of Zoology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, 221005 India EMPLOYMENT James Graham Brown Cancer Centre, University of Louisvil e, Louisvil e, KY, USA Centre for Life Science, Central University of Jharkhand, Brambe, Ranchi, Jharkhand, 835205 India
Professional Affiliations (Present) Life Member, Indian Academy of Neuroscience International Brain Research Organization Life member, Association of Gerontology, India
Professional Affiliations (Past) American Association of Cancer Research (AACR) American Association of Immunology (AAI) Research Publications
1. Christelle P El-Haibi, Praveen Sharma, Rajesh Singh, Pranav Gupta, Dennis D Taub,
Shailesh Singh, James W Lil ard (2013) Differential G protein subunit expression by prostate cancer cells and their interaction with CXCR5. Molecular Cancer. 12(1):64. DOI:10.1186/1476-4598-12-64
2. El-Haibi CP, Singh R, Gupta P, Sharma PK, Greenleaf KN, Singh S, Lil ard JW Jr.
(2012) Antibody microarray analysis of signaling networks regulated by Cxcl13 and Cxcr5 in prostate cancer. J. Proteomics Bioinform.5(8):177-184 doi:10.4172/jpb.1000232
3. El-Haibi CP, Singh R, Sharma PK, Singh S, Lil ard JW Jr. (2011) CXCL13 mediates
prostate cancer cell proliferation through JNK signaling and invasion through ERK activation. Cell Prolif. 44(4):311-319
4. Christelle P El Haibi, Praveen K Sharma, Rajesh Singh, Paul R Johnson, Jil Suttles,
Shailesh Singh and James W Lil ard Jr. (2010) PI3Kp110-, Src-, FAK- dependent and DOCK2-independent migration and invasion of CXCL13-stimulated prostate cancer Cells. Molecular Cancer, 9:85
5. Rajesh Singh, Shailesh Singh, Praveen K Sharma, Udai P Singh, David E. Briles, Susan
K. Hollingshead, James W. Lil ard, Jr (2010) Helper T Cell Epitope- mapping reveals MHC-Peptide binding affinities that correlate with T helper cell responses to Pneumococcal Surface Protein A. PLos One 5:e9432
6. Sharma PK, Singh R, Eaton J, Novakovic KR, Chun LWK, Grizzle WE, Singh S (2010).
CCR9-CCL25 interaction inhibits drug induced apoptosis of prostate cancer cell. Int. J. Cancer. 127 (9);2020-2030
7. Singh S, Singh R, Sharma PK, Singh UP, Rai SN, Chung LWK, Cooper CR, Novakovic
KR, Grizzle WE, Lil ard JW Jr (2009). Serum CXCL13 positively correlated with prostatic
disease, prostate specific antigen and mediates prostate cancer cell invasion, integrin clustering and cell adhesion. Cancer Lett. 283:29-35
8. Thakur MK, Sharma PK (2008) Binding of Estrogen receptor alpha promoter to nuclear
proteins of mouse cerebral cortex; effect of age, sex and gonadal steroids. Biogerontol 9:467-478
9. Thakur MK, Sharma PK (2007) Transcription of estrogen receptor and β in mouse
cerebral cortex: effect of age, sex, 17 β estradiol and testosterone. Neurochem Int 50:314-321
10. Sharma PK, Thakur MK (2006) Expression of estrogen receptor (ER) and β in mouse
cerebral cortex: effect of age, sex, and gonadal steroids. Neurobiol. Aging 27:880-887
11. Thakur MK, Sharma PK (2006). Aging of Brain: Role of Estrogen. Neurochem. Res.
12. Gaur P, Thakur BK, Sharma PK, Oka T, Thakur MK (2005). Expression of perchloric
acid soluble 14kDa protein in mouse brain. Anal. Neurosci. 12: 12-15
13. Sharma PK, Thakur MK (2004). Estrogen receptor α expression in mice kidney shows
sex differences during aging. Biogerontol 5:375-381.
14. Thakur MK, Sharma PK, Ghosh S, Mani ST (2004). Estrogen intervention in aging and
longevity: problems and perspectives. Geriat. Gerontol Int 4: S259-S261.
15. Thakur MK, Sharma PK, Ghosh S. (2005) Estrogen effects in the brain: Implications for
aging and Alzheimer’s disease. In Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology (eds. MK Thakur and S Prasad), Narosa Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi. Pp 55-69.
DIABETES (1 of 2) Metformin CVS (State Healthcare Generic (30 days) (Evercare) Glucophage $14 (500mg) metformin (Walmart $4) $ not avail Glucophage XR metformin ER (Walmart $4) Metaglip metformin/glipizide Glucovance metformin/glyburide Sulfonylurea CVS (State Healthcare Generic (30 days) (Evercare) glimep
Day 1 - 3.10.2011 16:00- 17:40 Chair: Maria da Graça da Fonseca - UFRJ and Sylvia Caleman - UFMS International standards and small-scale farmer behaviors #26 Trade competition and loss of exclusivity in tobacco contract farming in Brazil Influences of informal institutions in rural communities: the case of the rise and #16 fall of the cooperative of grape growers in the region of Ja