Acl reconstruction protocol
Edwin R. Cadet, MD
Office (212) 305-4626 Fax (212) 305-4040 Website:
LABRAL DEBRIDEMENT OR REPAIR
PARTIAL ILIOPSOAS RELEASE
1. Your weight bearing status is PARTIAL weight bearing (50%) with crutches until you see
Dr. Cadet in the office. The therapist in the recovery room will demonstrate the proper weight distribution.
2. Your first follow-up appointment is 10-14 days following surgery for suture removal. A
representative from the office will notify you of your postoperative visit. If you do not hear from them within 2 days, please call (212) 305-4626 or (212) 305-4565
3. Keep the original dressing from surgery on the incisions and dry for 2 days. You may
remove the dressing following post-operative day 2.
4. It is normal for some clear fluid to drain from the wound after hip arthroscopy. If the
original dressing gets saturated or oozes prior to day 2, the dressing may be changed.
5. If the drainage persists, or is accompanied by discolored fluid (e.g. yellow), fever
(temperature greater than 100.5°), chills, increased incision pain or increased pain in the hip, please call the office immediately (212) 305-4626.
6. After removing the dressing, please substitute the dressing with 2, waterproof band-aids per
7. You may shower after postoperative day 2, ONLY if the incision sites are covered with
waterproof-band-aids. After showering, keep the area dry by pat-drying the area with a clean, dry towel. DO NOT RUB THE AREA.
8. You will start Physical therapy sessions on POSTOPERATIVE DAY 1.
9. Driving is permitted in an automatic transmission car 1 WEEK following surgery ONLY if
narcotics are no longer being used for pain management. Driving a manual transmission car is reserved for 4 WEEKS following surgery.
10. You will wear your hip brace for a total of 3 to 4 weeks. 11. The CPM machine will be used for a total of 3 to 4 weeks. 12. No pool or baths until instructed by Dr. Cadet. 13. You will be sent home with a prescription for pain management (narcotic), anti-
inflammatory, and heterotopic bone formation:
i. Indocin SR 75 mg; 1 tablet with food each day for 10
ii. *Do not take Indocin with any other anti-inflammatory
iii. Protonix (Gastric protection) 40 mg, 1 tablet each day;
take with an empty stomach before breakfast for 10 days only
a. Mobic 7.5 mg; 1 tablet twice a day as needed for pain b. * May start on postoperative day 10 after Indocin has been
a. Vicodin 5/500 tablets; 1-2 tablets every 6 hours as needed for
a. Zofran 4 mg, 1 tablet once a day as needed for nausea for 5
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE DO NOT HESISTATE TO CALL THE OFFICE
PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH ALLERGIES OR IF YOU BEGIN
TO FEEL GASTRIC UPSET AS A RESULT OF THE ANTI-INFLAMMATORIES.
Photograph source: ULM university A colonoscopy is currently the main examination carried out to establish whether there are any abnormalities of the large intestine. At the same time, a biopsy can be taken that can be examined under the microscope immediately. Sometimes an X-ray is also required. It is very important for this examination for the intestine to be empty. All stool residues must
BOARD CHARTER Board of Directors Cochlear aims to have a Board of an effective composition, size and commitment to adequately discharge its responsibilities and duties. The Board of Directors currently comprises six independent Non-Executive Directors, including the Chairperson and one Executive Director, the Chief Executive Officer/President. A majority of the Board must be inde